Obsessed by Books Design Service Agreement
By purchasing through Obsessed by Books Design service, you are saying that you have read and agree to the terms of this agreement.
1. Payment: The fee for Obsessed by Books Design service varies according to package purchased, of which details of total will be agreed by the client and Obsessed by Books Designs. A 50% deposit is required in full by Client before work will begin. Payment can be made through PayPal. Deposit is non-refundable, unless there is sufficient reason to refund.
2. Book Cover Design Service: The book cover design service includes the following:
§ E-book packages include front of book only designed to e-book standard specifications. Print book packages include the full spread as well as e-book standard. High-resolution, print-ready and/or upload-ready PDF of the cover (both e-book and/or print).
§ A smaller, low-resolution image of the cover suitable for use on the web.
§ Designer provides all stock images for Client’s design through multiple stock image sources. Client may also provide custom photographer shots in a minimum of 300 dpi, as large as possible.
3. Promotional Items Design Service
· Designer provides all stock images for Client’s design through multiple stock image sources. Client may also provide custom photographer shots in a minimum of 300 dpi, as large as possible
4. Work-for-Hire: Designer is an independent contractor and any work done for the Client will be on a “work-for-hire” basis and not as Client’s employee.
5. Mockups and Revisions: Designer will provide Client with 1-2 mockups of a book cover design for Client to approve or ask for changes. After Client receives the initial book/ promotional items mockup(s), Client may either accept it as is, request changes to the design or reject the design completely and ask for a new mockup. Client may request up to a total of 4 mockups. Additional mockups will incur a charge of £30 each. When a Client approves a book cover/ promotional items mockup, only minor revisions to the book cover/ promotional items design will be included and no refunds will be granted. Full balance must be paid upon approval. Any and all revisions made after 30 days of Client accepting the final version and files of the book cover/ promotional items design will incur additional charges billed at £30.
6. Client Representations: Client represents and warrants that the text, graphics, photographs or other material provided by Client for the book cover design project are owned or licensed by Client and that Client is authorized to use and display such items in a book cover design. Client shall be solely responsible for the materials and the validity of copyrights, trademarks and ownership claimed by Client. Client agrees to indemnify and hold the Designer and their affiliates harmless from and against any claim of infringement, or any trademark, copyright or trade secret, or negligence arising from any of the text, graphics, photographs or other material provided by Client.
7. Third-Party Image Licenses: Client agrees to abide to the terms of any license agreement for any images purchased by Designer through a third-party image provider for use in Client’s book cover/ promotional items design. Information on the third-party provider and their license terms will be provided to Client by Designer upon final approval of design. Client may not extract the image(s) from the book cover design to use for other purposes. In order to use the image for other purposes, Client will need to purchase their own additional license for the image directly from the third-party image provider. If Client cancels the book cover/ promotional items design service, the image license shall be kept by Designer and Client will have no rights to use image in any manner and Client agrees to destroy any mockups or other completed work sent to Client by Designer that contains the purchased image in any form.
7. Responsibilities: Client is fully responsible for proofing the book cover design provided by the Designer and it is strongly suggested that Client requests a proof from the printer before publishing or ordering any copies of the book. At no time will Designer be held financially or legally responsible for any problems, costs, fees or expenses incurred by Client as a result of using the book cover design provided by Designer. While Designer will do their best to fix any problems that may arise with the book cover design, they cannot be held responsible for any costs, fees, or expenses due to any problem with the book cover design even if the error was a result of an error by Designer. For example, if Client submits the book cover design created by Designer to a printer, has 50 copies of the book printed, and then realizes that Designer made a mistake on the cover; Designer will not be responsible for any cost incurred by Client to print or reprint those books or any other fees or expenses resulting due to error.
8. Refunds and Cancellations: A 50% deposit of the total package price is nonrefundable. Client may request cancellation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds will be made after Client has approved a book cover mockup.
9. Use of Client’s Book Cover/ Promotional items for Promotional Purposes: Designer will often include samples of book cover/ promotional items designs they have done on their website and promotional materials. Designer maintains rights to include all work done by client for these purposes. Designer will NOT include covers that have not officially been revealed by Client until after their reveal if requested.
By purchasing through Obsessed by Books Design services, you are saying that you have read and agree to the terms of this contract.